• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Considering first dozer - Case 450

amunderdog

I thought I wanted a small dozer and bought a Mitsubishi BD2 with pyramid tracks. It weighed about 10,000 pounds. I was very disappointed with the lack of pushing power and soon got rid of it. I was used to 30,000 pound machines (like Cat 955 loaders), which are very capable. You might want to consider a mid-size crawler loader like a 955. Pushing and lifting with the bucket might help move those stubborn rocks.

I know you are right.
I have a BD2F out here. It is a finish dozer. and only fair at that.
As long as you feed it fill dirt it is happy. I can not just drop the blade on the ground and tell it to get it.
It does a pretty good job of rolling sod?

CASE CRAZY

Occupation
International Union of Operating Engineers
Hello, i live in middle TN . I have 30 acres here, i just last year traded for a 450B case dozer, i have found that it is ideal for my place. Light enough that it gets around good in soft bottom ground, and mine is turbocharged so it is not lacking for power at all for a machine in its class. Good luck on your case, mabye you will get a call