• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cone Crusher

farmIT

I have never been around a cone just jaw units, what size stones can a cone handle? Looking at a tracked cone to crush some pit run down to 3/4. I think its got a 40 in cone? Just curious how the cone will work compared to a jaw, pit has sme 24 in stuff but has grizzle set at 14 on the loader bin. We are hoping for 150 tph its a small job.

grandpa

Welcome farmI A 40 inch cone will take about a 5 inch rock on the top side with new liners. As the liners wear and you adjust, the size of the rock that you can feed into it will drop in relation to how much your setting the cone down. I just can't see a 40 inch cone taking 14inch rock. But then again I haven't seen everything.....yet..lol. If your crushing pure rock down to 3/4 inch your gonna have to work hard to get 150tph. But when crushing down to 3/4 a cone is way better than a jaw. Being from Sask. you rock would be a very hard rock.
'

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
Knock the size down with a jaw or impactor primary, then run it into your cone for final sizing. Cones are not high production machines, nor are they designed to make really big rocks, ( like 14"), into 3/4"small rocks.

farmIT

The pit has lots of sand and fist sized stuff but still enough larger stuff. so we will definitely need more grizzly bars lol. I am trying to get away with 1 machine as its a small job. thanks for the quick response guys!

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
Do not plan on a 40" cone making 150 tons an hour from max feed size to 3/4" minus. I have the most experience with an hp 300, 300 horsepower cone making 3/4" minus taking max feed size to 3/4" and its average wouldn't have been 150 tons over its life. To do what you are wanting from something like 14" to 3/4" you will need to use an impactor i will attach a video of one doing what you are suggesting and it averaged just over 100 tons per hour. Keep in mind it also weighs 124,000 lbs in one piece and was very expensive to move......TIO

[video=youtube;qfRcqTL2w6Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfRcqTL2w6Y[/video]

farmIT

That thing must be a tank! I think the only way is to get grizzly set at 6in and just call the rest rip rap . the cones are better at some things but not the complete answer lol. Would be looking at a jaw and a cone to do what I was hoping. Thanks

chinahonghaiqu

Occupation
Engineer
As i know that a cone crusher is generally called a secondary crushing equipment. The first stage is jaw crusher, after that, the size can be about 150-200mm, which can be fed into the cone crusher. Cone crusher is always with hydraulic system, which needs more time to do maintenance. Depends on the size of the raw material and the size after jaw. Of course, the aggregate shape is also important. Cone crusher will produce better shape than Jaw. Feel free to talk to me about it.

grandpa

Southern Saskatchewan would have a glacial till as the aggregate. I don't believe an impactor can handle that type of rock with any lasting results....Jaw's and cones are the equipment of choice for that hardness.

Alex Wang

Occupation
Mining Machinery
Accroding to your requirement, Firstly you should apply jaw crusher as primary crushing equipment and then cone crusher do secondary crushing process in crushing plant, so that you can get the finished products what you want. If the rate of 40 is not major in raw materials, and most of them are around 5 inches, cone crusher can easily to meet your demands . I propose you the PE 1200*1500 Jaw crusher before cone crusher, wish you early find the tailored solution