• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Concrete crusher for excavator

0u812

Has anyone used a concrete crusher for a excavator? How well do they work on minis? Likes and dislikes? Features that you like about some? Negatives about some? I'm ignorant to them and am possibly looking for one but want to know if it's worth it or not. I have the work to substantiate it but don't know if I'd be better off buying a hammer.

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
If you have a mini get a hammer its not big enough for a crusher

0u812

I don't mean a mini mini I should have specified 12 metric ton mini and I've got a pc200lc8

nknz

What kind of work do you do? What I mean is do you need to use the crusher-run or not?

curb guy

If you're referring to the jaw style crushers/processors ,I have one and they work awesome. I have a LaBounty, by the way.

Treehugger

I have a 'jaw crusher' on one of our older 235's (90K machine weight) I would't recommend running that type of crusher on anything less that a 50K machine.

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
For excavators from 1.5 to 20 tons you can't go past http://baughans.co.uk/bucket-concrete-crushers

I have imported these to Australia and have used the 27 inch model myself on a small machine. I have put hundreds of tons through this machine much of it large lumps and a lot containing steel reinforcement. It may not be fast but it will get the job done at a very reasonable price and turn waste into usable material. The bucket crusher itself has few moving parts and little to wear out so maintenance costs are low and it's not hard on your machine.

AusDave

nknz

I have seem something like this during the construction shows.
But I thought the bucket crusher will be better for recycling.

What are your opinions?

nknz

Why, the production is not enought?
Like how many tons per hour will satisfied you?