• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Clark 290m photos and information

Ductmaster

I have a bunch of photos and video of 290m's moving some serious material. 4 units pulling 2 bowls each with 600+ hp series 60 Detroits.The rest are pretty much stock and run so smooth. As soon as I can figure out how to post pics and vids I will get them on. These things are amazing, build like a battle ship. The worked 13 days straight across the road from my home and I only seen one down for cutting edges and some other miner stuff. I was a blast watching those double bowls run about 35mph loaded for about a mile and listing to the exhaust brake kick in when they made there turn and slowed down. I will post lots of picks soon.

Feel free to post pics of 290m's or Cat 830mb's, and any stories about them.

d9gdon

Can't wait to see the pics. What engine did they come with? I've only seen pictures of them, not in action.

Ductmaster

This is a neat site, seen it some where else on here a while back

Welcome to Clark290M.com and P.A.S.K., LLC

Thank you for visiting the P.A.S.K., LLC web site. This site is primarily dedicated to the military Clark-Michigan 290-M, 4-wheel drive, 380-horse power, articulating tractor with tilt dozer blade, in combination with attaching 20-yard scraper bowls.

This outstanding tractor was developed and over-designed for the United States military to be used in the Vietnam war. The tractors are constructed for extended use in extreme conditions, and were shipped to military bases around the world during this period.

Although simple in design, it is one heck of a tractor that is massively overbuilt. The Clark-Michigan 290-M was able to function and operate without the aid of a computer. From the construction of remote landing strips, clearing roads of land mines, building jungle bunkers, mountain camps or just in the construction of highways, the Clark-Michigan proved to be the right choice in equipment to get the job done. Safe, simple and efficient with little maintenance that could be performed in the most remote area or in a more urban complex.

Although the Clark-Michigan 290-M tractor is approximately 40 years old, many of the tractors are being refurbished or modified to be put back into service around the world by construction companies. These tractors are modified for farming, mining, pulling water tankers, sheep foot packers, choppers, plows, dump trailers, scrapers and anything that you could dream of.

We have one unit that was rebuilt on our yard for the U.S. Army that now is in the Middle East being used to pull the M-1 Abram tanks and other equipment as needed. Watch for photos. And yes, we do have PARTS, both used and new to remanufacture the Clark-Michigan 290-M. Call

Ductmaster

Was going to get some more close ups of these machines, but it is snowing and really muddy back where they are parked. There is a older Terex push cat there with a little extra iron under the hood. Hardly makes it grunt push loading. I try to get some pics of it soon because the are nearly done with this job.

Let met try to post some pics

Ductmaster

If I figure out this resize photo thing you guys are going to get bombarded with pic's. Then I will have to figure out the video thing. Been a member since 08 and just learning how to post. Neck surgery, Blown out neck, now I have some time. 2012-10-10_17-05-28_557 - Copy.jpg

Ductmaster

Anybody have a broshure or larger pic like this. I have a Flow waterjet and High Def plasma table that are just itching to cut out some of these. Got to get my yard art construction company of to a good start.Top.jpg

FarmerAlex

Occupation
Engineer (AT UNI), Heavy equipment owner/ operator
Is that a michigan 175b/c or 250 loader just reversed and a few different panels on it? It looks fairly similar..

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
those are cool pictures, i wonder how many yards each of those scrapers hold? look like same size as a 631.

oldseabee

Occupation
Retired
Farmer Alex: Basically this is a Clark 280 rubber tired dozer power train in a different frame. The dozer had the engine in the rear frame and dozer blade on the front frame. The dozer had an 8 speed transmission where the 275 loader had 4 speeds.

Last edited: