• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Chip trucks/trailers etc.

HDX

I posted 272 pictures over on the Hayes thread Thought it was the right place because after all she did haul a lowbed off highway from time to time. Was BSing with the driver out at Franklin one day when he was out that way and he told me how the bumper got twisted Seems a stump had a great deal to do with it on a corner. I looked at old 272 and said to her ONE DAY OLD GIRL ONE DAY!!!

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Jeet Sangara , Hyak Transport a subsidiary of Doman Transport that hauled lumber from Sooke Forest Products Sawmill to Ogden Point Wharvesscan20.jpgscan21.jpgscan22.jpg , Victoria .

camptramp

Occupation
Jeet Sangara , A common sight around Victoria and lower Vancouver Island for many years Mander Trucking owned by Jeet's brother Piara Sangara and his Sons .scan31.jpgscan32.jpgscan33.jpgscan34.jpgscan35.jpg

HDX

72hayes Now we know where at least 4 of those Doman slim line COE's ended up. New paint scheme and they still looked pretty good

Randy88

What is the reason for running trucks with a dump box on them verses a semi and live bottom or tipper trailer, just curious?

Did Hayes make their own trucks or rebadge another brand with the Hayes name, until this thread I've never heard of them?

HDX

Randy88 In 1969 Mack bought controlling interest in Hayes. Up until that time Hayes was building their own cabs and their engineers came from down south in a cost saving effort. It was decided that the Hayes engineers in Vancouver could and would adapt the "Sheller" cab used by Mack and Brockway to their cab over models. Mack had access to and a surplus of these cabs so Hayes had to buy them from Mack then rework them to fit their frames. Was a real nightmare and an engineering struggle. The only truck that Hayes re-badged was the Petrbilt cab over when Mack sold Hayes to PACCAR in June of 1974. More of that later

Randy88

Thanks for the information, did hayes have their own engine then or put cummins or detroits in them.

camptramp

Occupation
In Posting #105 Page 7 , I posted a picture of this Hearsey Transport truck and credited Jeet Sangara as the builder of this model truck . It was built by Hearsey Transport admirer Art James of Victoria who has also built a detailed model of the Old Hearsey Transport Shop , that was located at the corner of Herd Road and the Island Highway , where the South bound Scales are located today . The model of the Shop is on display at The North Cowichan Municipal Hall .scan96.jpg