• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Chip trucks/trailers etc.

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
How much weight do those lumber packers carry ?
Born2clearcut,well that question has a few answers. Number of axles for a start. The average B-train can carry 63,500 kgs. Tractors vary with size of steer tire. The ones with 22.5 steer tires can carry 5,500 on front axle. Then the rear axles if only 2 can carry 17,000 kgs and a 3 axle semi can take 24,000kgs. Now that is in BC. Alberta is different and USA is different. For BC outfits to send loads South,we end to load to US weights. Hope this helps a bit

dirty4fun

U S legal load on five axle is 80K pounds gross weight. You can get permits to haul more but the added cost and the way they route you detracts from doing that.

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Western Star with square fenders - not that many out there

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 53

Doug1966

Occupation
Woodworker
Yes I did. Back in 2005 I think. Do you know the truck?
Hi, I grew up in Quesnel, dad hauled logs for West Fraser, recognized the truck and location. They had some interesting stuff, were some 60's Kenworths kicking around for awhile too.
Thanks Doug.

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Hi, I grew up in Quesnel, dad hauled logs for West Fraser, recognized the truck and location. They had some interesting stuff, were some 60's Kenworths kicking around for awhile too.
Thanks Doug.
Hi Doug, I went through Quesnel first time in 1980 as I was going to Bowron Lake Provencial Park where I canoed the lakes. There were a lot of interesting stuf to see. I did take a few pictures of Hayes trucks but not West Fraser trucks. Was West Fraser trucks green at that time? In one of my pictures I can spot a green chip truck in the background - it could be a West Fraser truck...

Doug1966

Occupation
Woodworker
Hi Doug, I went through Quesnel first time in 1980 as I was going to Bowron Lake Provencial Park where I canoed the lakes. There were a lot of interesting stuf to see. I did take a few pictures of Hayes trucks but not West Fraser trucks. Was West Fraser trucks green at that time? In one of my pictures I can spot a green chip truck in the background - it could be a West Fraser truck...
Hi, I was still there then, in high school. Any of the West Fraser company trucks where green. Look for the white and green logo sticker on door in your picture. Mostly used around the mill sites. Generally all the log hauling was done owner op contractors like my dad. There were a few multiple truck companies , like Inwood trucking, the light blue and white trucks, you have few pictures of their stuff, one is an old hayes with a snow plow on front. Heres a photo of the model of my dad's truck that I did.
upload_2018-9-24_7-6-29.jpeg

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Hi, I was still there then, in high school. Any of the West Fraser company trucks where green. Look for the white and green logo sticker on door in your picture. Mostly used around the mill sites. Generally all the log hauling was done owner op contractors like my dad. There were a few multiple truck companies , like Inwood trucking, the light blue and white trucks, you have few pictures of their stuff, one is an old hayes with a snow plow on front. Heres a photo of the model of my dad's truck that I did.
View attachment 186498
Great model - is in scale 1/25?

Doug1966

Occupation
Woodworker
Hi, West Fraser bought out Weldwood years ago now, in Quesnel they now have 2 sawmills, Plywood plant and 2 Pulp mills, so they would be using that truck to haul between the sawmills, plywood plant to either the pulp mills. Thanks Doug.

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Yes it is 1/25. Search my name on Hanks site, I have a bunch of pictures there too.
I have seen your models at Hanks website. They are awesome. I really like your Arrow chip truck and The Merrit KW. I guess you have seen my models at Hanks website. I build in scale 1/87. Search Kim Loeb. Looking forward to see The outcome of your P510. It looks great so far. Keep up your great work.