• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Chinese Heavy Equipment without quality are dominating the world?

zhuxaioha

A lot of the high quality stuff is made in China, just owned by the Western companies. I think quality comes down to the managers at the factory.

I think you are right dear. Do you know Sany Heavy IndustryCo., Ltd.. we acquired Germany's Putzmeister, we are trying to be the best.

zhuxaioha

I can't argue with your experience on pumps and chairs and worm reducers, but what I have to say that Chinese small engines are pretty bad, at least the ones we get in the US. Whereas Hondas usually just lose more and more compression over the years, and finally won't run whatever they are connected to any more. But they give you lots of warning before they go. The Chinese engines break a connecting rod or rocker arm or push rod which is hard to get a replacement.

Chinese also have good company provide best pump.

daddy2kids

I ask this because in my country (Brazil), the Chinese equipment, especially excavators, wheel loaders, backhoes and skid steers, not to mention the cars of course, are dominating the market.

The price is ridiculously cheap prices reaching up to 40% cheaper than domestic equipment of renowned and established brands such as Caterpillar and Case.

Pay less when buying equipment is crucial, very important for a company to grow. However, the quality of Chinese equipment is terrible, a joke. :pointhead

Here in Brazil, we do not care about electronics equipment, to speak truth, to prefer that embedded technology is as small as possible to facilitate and cheapen maintenance. This is the justification for Chinese cheaper prices, however, the structure of the machines is low and reliability is ridiculous.

Today, especially, I'd rather have a machine Caterpillar 20 years older than a New Chinese.

In the USA it's the same? I guess I read the news that Chinese products of poor quality, are increasingly dominating the world, in all markets. :Banghead

This is very true. I noticed that in my travels to Asia and South America.