• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Chinese Excavators

Sipho Dlamini

Good day all,

I have been reading the forum for quite a few years now and am finally in a position to buy some equipment. Our company is looking at buying Chinese equipment, we are based in Africa and all the machines are imported, we don't manufacture any here. I have been reading older posts but most of them date back a few years.

My questions are,

Have the Chinese companies made any headway when it comes to their quality?
Has anyone bought some Chinese excavators recently or had some with a couple thousand hours on them, how are they going?

ycs

Sany and LiuGong seem find to me, parts can be ordered online from china...should be trouble free for 5000hr..

antpoo

Hey,

My friend hired a new Sany 14tonne and it looked and handled beautifully when he let me use.

Way better than my Jcb, but my jcb also has 8000 hours.

I recently purchased a $17k crusher bucket from China, it broke after 5 hours,.
They sent me 4 sets of replacement bearings but in the end it turned out to be dodgy welds.

They agreed to pay the $750 in repairs! So I believe the Chinese are coming along.

Their heavy manufacturing industry is huge and I believe they will offer good customer service.

Go for it

CatKC

Just a question . . but aren't 'China parts' pretty commonly used down under?
From my contacts/dealings Etc, it seems (to me) that Australia utilizes China more often for 'commodities/parts' than from other countries.

antpoo

We are using China more and more, but Australians still very wary of Chinese products. We are big on European and Japanese, but the price of Chinese attracts more and more of us.

It's becoming sound business model to buy cheap, thrash it out to get its value paid for and then flog it off for cheap, rather than buying expensive machinery and paying hefty maintenance costs. Labour is simply prohibitive here in Oz these days.

Serenity

Have the Chinese companies made any headway when it comes to their quality?
Has anyone bought some Chinese excavators recently or had some with a couple thousand hours on them, how are they going?

A2:
We are the official agent of a famous China-branded heavy equipment company.
Lots of machines are working fine even 10kH have reached.

A1:
People knows China spare parts are cheap and usable nowadays though the water is a bit deep, too.
Can directly contact me if you need any help about purchasing the spare parts or wearing parts in China.

Last edited:

Plebeian

I was a bit disappointed to look at some of the chinese made machines to see how quickly they were going rusty, paint fading etc. The local area where the machines were located is known for rust conditions.
Obviously to make a market entry, a lower price is necessary usually obtained by forgoing the very expensive paint (used by the big brands) by appearances.
so it is increasingly the bright paint cat etc will be out the front (where all the cars etc driving past can see them)on a big earthmoving job and a few yuchai etc will be down the back putting pipes etc.

zhuxaioha

I think how to choose a excavator depends your puchase budget. If it is enough, of course I suggest the America Brand, Like Cat. Or you can choose some other famous brand like jcb, dossan and also you can choose chinese brand sany, xcmg.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
China is the source for many components used by well known manufacturers much of which is made under licence. Buying a major brand may well mean you are buying from China.
Kind regards
Uffex