• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Champion C70A

Woodstock

Found a Champion C70A today in a barn with 295 hours. The last time the oil was changed was at 294 in 2004. I don't know anything about these blades. Any information you may have on them, what you might price it at, etc. would be very helpful. But I don't know the year model, so I'm not sure how much that will help if you don't know it. It has cab a/c and tires are at 95%...Thanks for any help you can give me on this.

Grader4me

Found a Champion C70A today in a barn with 295 hours. The last time the oil was changed was at 294 in 2004. I don't know anything about these blades. Any information you may have on them, what you might price it at, etc. would be very helpful. But I don't know the year model, so I'm not sure how much that will help if you don't know it. It has cab a/c and tires are at 95%...Thanks for any help you can give me on this.

I see that you're not getting to many responses. I don't think many of us here have much experience with the small graders. Motor Grader could probably give you some info although I haven't seen him on the board for awhile.

Sounds like the grader is in good condition and also a newer model. Did you happen to take any pictures of it? The newer Champions are good graders so I don't think you would have to worry about that. Its hard to figure out it's worth without knowing the year. Once you have all the information on it, do a search on the net to find out how much a comparable one is selling for.

Woodstock

Went a took a closer look at the blade, here is a picture. I noticed the motor has been replaced. I can't find a year model, but the serial number is 200561 if that helps any.

1236706254_c0ba09607e.jpg

Motor Grader

Occupation
Technology Solutions Expert
Your C70

Your C70 looks real good. I haven't been on here in a while but I'm going to look up the serial number and see when we built it. Do you want to sell it? I can probably find a home for it pretty quick.

Thanks,
Bryan

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The unit is a 1990 model.

Average auction sales on Machinery Trader are $37,000.

Nice looking unit in the photo. If the hour meter reading is correct, it's a shame it appears to have been sitting all those years.

I would suspect the owner will want more money than the auctions would bring.

Woodstock

I was baling hay at this place, and saw it in the barn. I asked the owner if he wanted to sell it and he sad yes, but then he said he wanted to learn how to opperate it and blade the pasture roads first and then he will probably sell it. I haven't heard any thing from him yet. I talked to the ranch foreman and he said the previous owner of the ranch bought it new and it has set in the barn for over six years.