• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

chainsaw thread

akroadrunner

Occupation
Gravel Pit/ Trucking/Owner
Well, I demo'd the 076 today, and it is SOLD, SOLD, SOLD. Now if I can just sell the 090 and 051. Got a guy coming for the 075 this week. Better try to move that P100 Super Partner next.

Vigilant

Occupation
Attitude Adjuster at the Graybar Hotel
Ya definitely have that lumberjack look aboutcha, mate. I never got into bikes. Something about road rash that did not seem to fit in with my idea of fun. But I love a Harley, both the look and the sound, as long as someone else is making the noise.

I would keep that 090. I humped an 070 in the woods for a few years, and still have a soft spot in my heart for the 070s/090s. I was a crazy man with a chain saw. Got bit once, by an 070 with a bow blade. Just a nick, but it was sobering. I worked without a shirt about 9 months out of the year. I even got used to a butt crack full of sawdust. Ate ticks and redbugs for breakfast, and blew enough saw exhaust into the bushes ahead of me that snakes were seldom a problem. Stopped at a store after work each day in the crew truck (our name for a crummy) and bought a tall sixpack of Buds for the trip home. Got cleaned up, hit the bars, shot pool, chased bimbos, fought (never went to jail, believe it or not, because I didn't give the cops any crap), went in to work on about 3 hours of sleep, and did it again. I never could figure out how I always ran out of money half way through the week. But some how, by the grace of God, I found my way. Finally. When I look back, I shake my head and wonder....

As for Homelites, I appreciate the thought, but the only person I know around here who even thinks they can fix old Homies is not someone I care to deal with, and I don't have the time to learn. I have a beautiful 925 with no spark that is collecting dust because of this.

BDFT

Sounds like you would have fit right in with me and the boys in northern BC when we were in our prime, Vigilant. :D

akroadrunner

Occupation
Glad I didn't run into Vigilant when he was on a tear. But we all had our wild side, huh? One thing I refused to never do AGAIN was go out logging while still snockered. A little hung over? Maybe. Got tired of making my boots smaller while bumping knots, and ruining good rigging pants (or my leg) with the chainsaw.
Now friday or saturday night. Well, wasn't saturday night for fighting? There were many times after a weekend brawl that I wondered when the day was coming that I was going to be the one waking up missing some teeth or body parts. So far that day is still in the future, but I'm not out looking for trouble anymore either.
There was the time I spent 8 days in St. Johns Hospital after a very short fist fight in Vader, Wa. Funny thing is, I was the winner. The loser was another logger, and his life was never the same. Did I mention it was a very short fight? And no weapons involved.

Wolfcsm

Well, I demo'd the 076 today, and it is SOLD, SOLD, SOLD. Now if I can just sell the 090 and 051. Got a guy coming for the 075 this week. Better try to move that P100 Super Partner next.

Always looking for big saws. Tell me a little about them.

Hal

akroadrunner

Occupation
They all run great. The 090 needs a kill switch, and the wrap bar has been 'modified' so a replacement would be a nice touch. The 051 looks almost brand new. Runs like it too. The 075 is almost as nice at the 051. I have a Homelite 1130G with w 4' bar and 1/2" pitch chain. I't listed with pics on chainsawcollectorscorner. Also have a cpmpletely stock, nice running S10 Stihl. Oh, and I have a Homelite bow saw. A 922 Super or 926 something like that.
Don't tell Vigilant, but the Partner 100 Super I bought the other day now has weak spark. Tried to fire it up yesterday:eek: and couldn't get it to go. I'll have to check it out. Something changed.:Banghead Had bright blue spark a couple days ago and ran great.
I have an 056 Mag II that I bought last year that had never been run. Was virtually brand new. I got to burn the paint off the muffler. I've cut a couple cord of wood with it. It's not for sale. Everything else is.

oregon96pd

ive got a 064 sittin in the shed right now. kinda beat up, ran good two years ago needs muffler replaced, some covers are a little rough. its actually two saws made into one by a saw shop in willamina. i dont use it anymore and it just sits. is it worth anything to anyone?

Vigilant

Occupation
I had an 064 in mint condition, and sold it like an idiot. Wish I had kept it.

akroadrunner

Occupation
Found a used truck for FYRWOOD GUY to make his deliveries in. Also rode into the Bike Blessing today. Grand Daughter rode with me. Didn't want her pic taken, so I had to be fast.2011 bike blessing 016.JPG2011 bike blessing 014.JPG2011 bike blessing 007.JPG2011 bike blessing 003.JPG

Vigilant

Occupation
The Bike Blessing. I already like it. It even almost sounds Catholic.

akroadrunner

Occupation
Notice how I tossed that Partner in there since this is a chainsaw thread. The Grand Daughter ran a personal best in the 100 Finals at Regions yesterday. Took 5th in 2 final events, plus her 4X100 relay team took 3rd. Won't know for a day or 2, whether she is headed for State this weekend. She is a Freshman!!!

akroadrunner

Occupation
You've got to check the classifieds. But I'll toss in a pic of the 1130G for you here. I'm the second owner. It hasn't been used all that much. I have had it here in Alaska since 1982, and don't have a use for it here. I bought it in 1978 in Vader, Wa.090.JPG092.JPG091.JPG