• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CB-24B roller not starting

trevoratt

Occupation
Industrial/Heavy Equipment Mechanical Electrical T
My CB24B roller CB24BE46700449 is not starting, engine turns over but doesn't start. The solenoid on the pump is not getting power.
Can someone help me get a schematic drawing for this machine?
The screen says E-stop switch data erratic intermittent or incorrect MID39 CID337 FMI2 active diagnostic 1 of1
The e-stop button switch blocks are good so it has to be either the wiring or one of the control modules or so i'd like to believe.
Any help would be appreciated.

Vetech63

Its unlikely the control module. I cant help you with a schematic, but I know the computer has to get a signal from the emergency stop button when set and open. It should also get a signal from the safety switches in the lower seat frame. I have had several failures on others that tied into the e-stop switch itself. Hopefully someone with SIS can help you with that schematic soon.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Generally those E-Stop buttons/switches are set up with 2 wires connected to the ECM. One wire should always be open circuit and the other should have continuity (sometimes to ground, sometimes elsewhere). If the ECM sees that both wires are either open circuit or both have continuity then it generates the Diagnostic Code for the E-Stop switch.

trevoratt

Occupation
Thanks for the help guys, ill be tracing the wires and hopefully i will see where the fault lies.

trevoratt

Occupation
Thanks for all the help guys, Nige especially. My e-stop wasn't the problem, wire good switch good so 99% sure its a controller problem. Didn't really solve the issue but i got moving again. The solenoid on the pump uses a PWN signal to control throttle but wasn't getting proper signal from the controller, can't figure out who is not talking to who but the wires are good.
mechanic pal of mine converted the pump to manual fuel control with a cable so that got me going.
I was hoping to actually FIX the problem but sometimes you just have to get moving.