• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar 311cu loss of auto throttle

Rhyswelly

hi new to this,
I recently done a governor calibration. After the calibration the auto throttle up has stopped working. Still works on the button but not when you move any controls. I am about to do a prv calibration as I've just changed that. hopefully someone out there could help.

Cmark

Was it definitely working before? It uses pressure switches on the MCV to tell it when to come off auto idle. There are two switches, one for the implements, one for the tracks.

Rhyswelly

Yes wasn't until done the calibration that it stopped. I wasn't meant to run the calibration done it by accident going through what needed to be done for prv! Could it be anything to do with the prv not being calibrated yet? Or do they calibrating to the system?

Cmark

As far as I know, calibrating the powershift solenoid won't affect the auto idle. You should be able to get into a mode where you can monitor the inputs from the various pressure switches.

Rhyswelly

Problem is i don't have a digital dash. The only other thing is that I must of pressed something and turned it off without realising. That's the problem when learning! Cause not sure what I pressed wrong, and don't want to randomly press stuff again!!