• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar 279c warning lights

Occupation
Driver
2010 Caterpillar 279c. What is this warning light? Not the fuel or park light.
20170716_213135.jpg

Occupation
Driver
Thanks for the reply.
It came on several times yesterday, and then the right joy stick would not work. Left joy stick would continue to be fine. I also noticed when you would pick up the left armrest, it and the parking light would come on, which I believe is normal.
Today I drove it around moving some stuff and never had any issue. But I was making sure I had my left arm fully planted on the armrest.
Just got the machine and really wish I knew what each one of the "dash lights " meant.

Occupation
Driver
That makes sense. Appreciate the info.

Captcbw

door must be firmly closed , then u press the hyd switch, upper left side
the light should go out and if the door is closed good the other light will go out and hyds will work
that first light is a fuel light
i have alot of issues with the door safety light going out and letting boom hyd to work. i have to slam the door several times hard
i am currently making a bypass plug to keep that from happening, u just got to be careful because u are removing a safety function
you can buy books for this machine on ebay