1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar 279c warning lights

Discussion in 'Compact Track/Multi Terrain Loaders' started by 277, Jul 17, 2017 at 3:19 AM.

1. 277

277 Active Member

Driver
    2010 Caterpillar 279c. What is this warning light? Not the fuel or park light.
    20170716_213135.jpg

2. DIYDAVE

DIYDAVE Senior Member

my guess would be low voltage

3. 277

277 Active Member

Driver
    Thanks for the reply.
    It came on several times yesterday, and then the right joy stick would not work. Left joy stick would continue to be fine. I also noticed when you would pick up the left armrest, it and the parking light would come on, which I believe is normal.
    Today I drove it around moving some stuff and never had any issue. But I was making sure I had my left arm fully planted on the armrest.
    Just got the machine and really wish I knew what each one of the "dash lights " meant.

4. 92U 3406

92U 3406 Well-Known Member

Field Service Tech
    Hydraulics locked out. Comes on when door is opened. Won't let the boom operate. Check door switch on left side, by the wiper motor. May just need an adjustment.

277 likes this.
  5. 277

277 Active Member

Driver
    That makes sense. Appreciate the info.