• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

catapillar bucket removal

hardliner1

I have a catapiller model IT-28F, my question to the forum is how do you disengage the bucket from the loader? How do the pins re-engage to hold the bucket ? I have accidently disengaged the bucket and am trying to re-engage the holding pins. HELP !

ValleyFirewood

That's a good question, I've been wondering as well.

We have 2 of them where I used to work setup with fork tines. I never was able to figure out how. The "IT" (integrated toolcarrier) always made me think it would be setup like a skidsteer, but neither of those were.

We ended up getting a snow box blade that used the fork tines, vs a box blade that would hookup to however the attachment pins in.

Plant Fitter

If it is anything like a IT28B (not sure if it is) then it is done with the 3rd function hydraulic lever.

Pull the lever one way, the pins engage. Pull the lever the other way, they retract.

It is the same lever that operates a 4 in 1 bucket, or a log grab etc, so you may have to turn taps near the quick hitch to divert the oil to the quick hitch pins.

Like I said, this is how it works on a IT28B.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
This is what the operator manual says ..............

1. Push the attachment coupler lever forward to disengage the attachment coupler pins.
2. Push the tilt lever forward to tilt coupler tube forward. Make sure the coupler tube is below the level of the hooks, on the attachment to be attached.
3. Drive the machine forward slowly, aligning the attachment hooks with the coupler tube.
4. Pull the lift lever back to slightly raise the coupler. Raise it until the coupler tube contacts the attachment hooks and the attachment is lifted up slightly. Make sure the attachment is level from side to side.
5. Pull the tilt lever back until the attachment alignment bar contacts the coupler.
6. Pull the coupler lever back to engage the coupler pins in the attachment retainer holes.
NOTE: Check that tool is firmly attached and continue with steps 7 through 9.
7. Push the tilt lever forward to tilt the attachment down.
8. Push the lift lever forward to put down pressure on the attachment.
9. Back the machine and make sure there is no movement between the attachment and the coupler. This is the one positive indication that the coupler pins have fully engaged the attachment retainer holes.

Check visibly for tool motion that coupler pins are fully and equally extended for another sure indication.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Moved this over to the tool carrier forum.

My 420D IT backhoe has an electronic rocker switch to the left of the steering column.

Oh yeah, welcome to the Forums hardliner1!:drinkup