• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat vs John Deere Dozers

Deereman

Deerfan I give up!!It clearly states that Liehberr brought S.D to the table to design a system for john Deeres 605.After the success of the 650j ( which I assume they also designed)!I don't know what else to tell you, other than a written note from the CEO ofJohn Deere.If you ask me the writings on the wall,and as far as Hitatchi goes they are their own Idenetity.John Deere doesnt tell them anything.And the John Deere hoes are Hitatchi with JD engines end of story.The early Jd crawlers Were poor and if it wasn't for Liebherr we would still have a gearshift between our legs and the long lever steering clutch.I guess the whole Just of this thread is to prove that Liehberr was involved with Jd's small dozers, the 650j which they make reference to is clearly stated.We do not know which others were involved but me being a guessing man I would say probably all. I do have a e-mail in to the vp of marketing and hopefully he can clerify which I'm sure he will be happy to!Most of them are eager to help!It also states that Liebherr builds a number of loaders and dozers for Jd,it also states that SD worked as a team with Liebherr and Jd as far back as 97 in a joint effort????How much more is needed?
DEEREMAN, not deerefan. And there you go guessing and assuming again. You might not know which machine they are involved in but I DO!! I really don't do pissing matches with nobody on here b/c its really quite pointless. But when its clearly written there it is what it is. Yes, If you need to forward an email. By all means. DO!! And your opinion on the dozers are, well , quite that, an opinion. I KNOW plenty of people that love their 450c's and wouldn't trade them for anything. And if you think its just a deere engine in a hitachi YOU need to make a trip to Kernersville,NC. And talk with one of the guys there!!
Cutting Edge-you just can't tell someone something when it comes straight from the horses mouth. Back to the OP:D

inyati13

Occupation
Farming
This thread has come a long way since I posted it. I just reread my oringinal post. The original post is my observation of what I have seen in my career around the earth moving industry. Is there a hint of my bias for Cat. Yes, but the observation is honest and real. In this part of the world where farming predominates, I see small Deere dozers. There seems to be a lot of opinions that the small Deere dozers are nice machines. I don't have any opinion on that as I have never gone beyond looking at them. I agree with those who have stated that it does not matter who makes a machine if it performs well.

steve.k

Occupation
owner operator oilfield construction company.
Sorry Deereman HHa

DEEREMAN, not deerefan. And there you go guessing and assuming again. You might not know which machine they are involved in but I DO!! I really don't do pissing matches with nobody on here b/c its really quite pointless. But when its clearly written there it is what it is. Yes, If you need to forward an email. By all means. DO!! And your opinion on the dozers are, well , quite that, an opinion. I KNOW plenty of people that love their 450c's and wouldn't trade them for anything. And if you think its just a deere engine in a hitachi YOU need to make a trip to Kernersville,NC. And talk with one of the guys there!!
Cutting Edge-you just can't tell someone something when it comes straight from the horses mouth. Back to the OP:D

You Talk about what you know But You are the one not listing any proof to the contrary!If I'm wrong then post proof!I posted that these two worked together and thats it.I'm not bashing Deere I own some but Deere did not get all the tec on their own just like nearly all the other Manufactures out there.And if a ruffled feathers I'm sorry .

Last edited:

Deereman

Steve k, it really don't bother me but I have contacted someone to help solve this. If I'm wrong. I'm wrong and will admit it. You keep saying one thing then another. If I really wanted to I could go through your post and show you. But lets move on. Shall we. Just waiting to hear back from my contact..

steve.k

Occupation
This is reply I received from JD

Steve k, it really don't bother me but I have contacted someone to help solve this. If I'm wrong. I'm wrong and will admit it. You keep saying one thing then another. If I really wanted to I could go through your post and show you. But lets move on. Shall we. Just waiting to hear back from my contact..

Steve,

There is a marketing agreement between Deere and Liebherr. They make larger crawler dozers and crawler loaders where Deere does not. Deere makes the smaller crawler dozers where Liebherr does not. A larger distribution of both company products is available now than before this marketing agreement was in place.

You might enjoy our Construction equipment Magazine called Review. A sample is found at: http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/c8afcceb#/c8afcceb/4

W.R.
Customer Assistance Center

was forwarded your original request as an FYI. To further elaborate on your request, John Deere designs and builds the Crawler Dozer models, 450J, 550J, 650J, 700J, 750J, 850J, and now the 850K. Deere does have a supply agreement with Liebherr for the 950J and 1050J dozers. In that agreement, Liebherr builds the machines and Deere offers design suggestions for the North American market. For the 750 size dozer, Deere pioneered the hydrostatic crawler design back in the mid 1970’s so we have been with that basic design for many years.

Bill Gehrts
Manager
Dealer Marketing Assistance Center

Here's the requests I received From JOhn Deere.While JD does have an agreement with Liebherr they did design the small line tractors you guys said.I was wrong and sorry for ruffling feathers.I was impressed on the promptness from these guys.
Steve

steve.k

Occupation
was forwarded your original request as an FYI. To further elaborate on your request, John Deere designs and builds the Crawler Dozer models, 450J, 550J, 650J, 700J, 750J, 850J, and now the 850K. Deere does have a supply agreement with Liebherr for the 950J and 1050J dozers. In that agreement, Liebherr builds the machines and Deere offers design suggestions for the North American market. For the 750 size dozer, Deere pioneered the hydrostatic crawler design back in the mid 1970’s so we have been with that basic design for many years.

Bill Gehrts
Manager
Dealer Marketing Assistance Center

Here is the next replie from Bill. Im cooking my crow as you guys read this.

ih100

Takes a big man to admit he's wrong, Steve. Mind you, I believe - and I'm prepared to be shot down - that the hystat tracked loaders were more Leibherr than Deere? Until recently, that is.

cutting edge

Here is the next replie from Bill. Im cooking my crow as you guys read this.

It's all good...sometimes you just have to trust that some folks have extensive experience with certain brands and some may even work alongside engineering teams and Customer Advocacy Groups..

Deereman

Takes a big man to admit he's wrong, Steve. Mind you, I believe - and I'm prepared to be shot down - that the hystat tracked loaders were more Leibherr than Deere? Until recently, that is.
The C-series 1 was all liebherr. C-series 2 had alot more deere and north American market influence in it. By the time the D-series rolled around it finally had alot of Deere in it.. Now with the K-series Deere has been able to carry over the same basic designs and setup from the dozers. The 605 is/was? coming from the liebherr plant in Austria.
Steve that was fast on the response on Deere's part!!:usa Nice job, I've still not heard back from my report.. Oh well.

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
You know who's hat you wear when you run a Deereliebherr?

UGLY BULLDOZER

Customize it!
No minimum orders • No setup fees • Ships tomorrow!
(1 vote)
Add to favorites
Share This! |
Email | Link

Created By UrbanDictionary: Store
Trucker Hat
100% polyester foam front
Wide area to feature your design
100% nylon mesh back keeps you cool
Adjustable from 17" to 24"
Available in 11 color combinations
Read more...
Custom Urban Dictionary trucker hat
Custom Urban Dictionary trucker hat with your word on it
Product id: 148044169903074104
Made on 11/24/2009 5:37 PM
Rated G
Report violation
Hat Volume Discounts
Quantity Discount
11 - 25 hats 10% off
26 - 50 hats 15% off
51 - 100 hats 20% off
101 - 250 hats 30% off
251+ hats 35% off You don't have to buy multiples of the same hat to receive a quantity discount. You'll receive a quantity discount on any order of 11 or more hats!
Custom Urban Dictionary trucker hat
In stock!
Quantity:

hat.Only $12.97 in bulk!
Add to cart
$19.95per hat
Choose your color
Color: White and Green

Last edited:

waterman

Ive been fine grading for quite a few years and i have to say I'll take a Deere over a cat any day for fine grading!!! They are a better balanced machine

hvy 1ton

The C-series 1 was all liebherr. C-series 2 had alot more deere and north American market influence in it. By the time the D-series rolled around it finally had alot of Deere in it.. Now with the K-series Deere has been able to carry over the same basic designs and setup from the dozers. The 605 is/was? coming from the liebherr plant in Austria.
Steve that was fast on the response on Deere's part!!:usa Nice job, I've still not heard back from my report.. Oh well.

2 different reps at conexpo said the engineers should be finishing up the 605K sometime this summer. The 605C's had a few deere bits in them, but i've never know exactly which. This is the bad part about Deere's joint ventures and whatnot. Some people believe that Deere doesn't build construction equipment anymore. :pointhead

Deereman

2 different reps at conexpo said the engineers should be finishing up the 605K sometime this summer. The 605C's had a few deere bits in them, but i've never know exactly which. This is the bad part about Deere's joint ventures and whatnot. Some people believe that Deere doesn't build construction equipment anymore. :pointhead

The Frame was the only thing liebherr. When they first came out we were one of the first dealerships to get one. Then we got a slew full of them.. We call them LieDeere's(Lee-Deere's)

steve.k

Occupation
The Frame was the only thing liebherr. When they first came out we were one of the first dealerships to get one. Then we got a slew full of them.. We call them LieDeere's(Lee-Deere's)

Well what can I say guys I really thought Liebherr was more involved?I did have a good chat with Bill online and he did clear up alot.Going to have to set my rep straight next time in town.I've had good success with the European dozers namely Fiat Allis but they even originated in the U.S which explains alot.Oh well it was a good lesson and hey I did find out even the big boys at Deere will answer you back pronto.Thats good news!
Steve:notworthy

Ron Burgundy

Banned
I don't know squat about dozers but I did operate a JD 650J last year for one week and I had absolutely no complaints. On the other hand, I had a new JD 5500 farm tractor and it had several issues.
CAT has the cooler name (LOL). John Deere? Really?

steve.k

Occupation
I think JD and Liebherr are in bed more than they let on!

The John Deere name and company have a long, long history.

This was quite a discussion when it first came out. I think I got so wound up I decided to give Liebherr a try?i do firmly beleive these two companies share more tec with each other than they care to admit? But whatever they're two world class companies and the more they share the more we gain! Can't beat that!