• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT vs. CASE

NateV

Occupation
Excavating
Our L didnt have any spots on the doors and it was a 98. As far as the controls go, the L had the 4 sticks and the M has the pilots. I wanted to get the 4 stick again but dad wanted the pilots. After 30 yrs of runing 4 sticks i dont know why he wanted to but he did, and the other day he told me that we should of got the 4 sticks. O well too late now i guess.

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
And who needs pilots?? The 3 stick is a lost art.
If you want to see something funny, put me on a older Case 3 stick with the foot swing thingy.
Warning:
Stay far back away from the machine.
Convulsions and seizures may occur unexpectedly at any time. :eek:
:cool:

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Thanks

I can't speak 100% for the rest of management at HEF but I'd like to thank the contributors to this thread for keeping it all open, honest and friendly along the way.

The members of HEF have carried out a head to head topic/debate that I know for sure wouldn't result in the same outcome on many other forums. Some good information and generally unbiased posts.

So aside from LowBoy:rolleyes: :D .......:stirthepot ...who provides the humour:cool: .......I'll just leave you with mental image of RollOverPete doing the funky chicken in a 3 stick case...an we can only hope for the video:cool2

ol' Grump

The only Case's I've ever run were the older ones with the foot swing. .never could get the hang of that! Was on a Deere 400 for a while. .took a few minutes to get used to the two sticks but after I did, I kind'a liked 'em. Same with Cat and their two sticks but my preference is for the older Fords and Cats with 4 sticks. For some odd reason they seem easier (for me anyway) to use. Case I think has faster hydraulics on the bucket and I think is a bit easier to maneuver in tight spaces but for overall performance, I'll stick with Cat.

Just my two bits. . .

Dbennett85

I work for a city in in the dfw of Texas. I use a Deere, case 590 super n, cat 420 d.
The Deere like ease of use, good strength how ever, it's used f

Dbennett85

I work for a city in tx, we have. Deere, case, and cat. I love the controls of a case and creature comforts, the Deere hoas the same comforts but lacks the same controls. The cat has no comforts or controls however, it it much stronger and the boom doesn't sway. Although I'm either sweating or freezing while in the cat, I know the controls for extending and to swivel which are in the feet, where I make it go I know it will go there and only there. I prefer the cat only for this. The Deere and case swing to much. When I'm digging inches away from copper and cables I need that. If I could count on the case or Deere to do the same I would take the Deere, that's 2nd in strength. The case is the best in controls because it's all in the hands, no foot control needed on the backhoe. We have a case 590 super n, cat 420d and I don't know what the Deere is I don't use it much

brian falcone

our 2003 420d just hit 21,000 hours with no required repairs other than tires,starter and alternator. we tried a 580 before this was purchased and it was just too small. it was a nice machine though. cant really say anything bad about it.