• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat hydraulic hose codes

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
Blew a hyd line today.
Hose was almost certainly an original on a '96 D6H. Both tilt hoses had the code 6I8101G5 tagged on them.

My question: Why is it when I called several large hydraulics houses, they couldn't cross that code number. In fact, they had never heard of that code. Am I wrong in understanding that that code defines everything you need to know to built the hose assy? Ended up waiting a day from Toromont(cat) in order to make sure I get the right one.

I was fully expecting that to be able to get it anywhere with that code....

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
That code will tell Cat what it is but that's it. If you know what various fitting types are and their size you can tell the hose shop what to make. If you'd have said #8 flat face o-ring etc the hose shop would know that lingo.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
That code will tell Cat what it is but that's it. If you know what various fitting types are and their size you can tell the hose shop what to make. If you'd have said #8 flat face o-ring etc the hose shop would know that lingo.
Yes if you could get access to Cat's top secret "hydraulic information system" book you could figure out what to use in generic parts to build it.

Here is what NPR says about that code number:
"6I8101 # HOSE IS BUILDABLE REFER TO H.I.S. (HYDRAULIC INFORMATION SYSTEM) HTTPS://HIS. CAT.COM

Welder Dave

Why not just take the hose and go to a hose shop with it? Cat reusable fittings don't save you any money if that's what it is.