• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cat d6r xl series 3 codes

kevin931$

My power trans oil bypass and transmission system lights are on. I changed tranny filter, looked good.
I believe the active code at the moment 113 E0116.2 any help I would really appreciate.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
What you have supplied is a cross between a Diagnostic Code & an Event Code. No matter though .........
E0116.2 indicates "Power Train Filter Bypass Switch Closed". Recommended diagnostic "The Power Train filter is plugged. Response: Check the Power Train filter."

But you've already done that (unless there is a possibility that you changed the wrong filter element - only you can answer that), so on the face of it the problem would appear to relate to the filter bypass switch itself being buggered or possibly a wiring fault.

Hope that helps.