• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 963b won't track straight

2004kx250

Hi I have a caterpillar 963b track loader that won't track straight. It pulls to the right in forward and reverse but once warmed up it will track straight in forward. Also the transmission is making a wining noise. Any thoughts or ideas will be appreciated. Thanks

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums!

I'm not familiar with the B series loaders nor am I a mechanic. However we do have some very knowledgeable wrench benders on board that can help.

They should be along shortly.

Dickjr.

My mechanic has told me that when the trans whines its most likely low on fluid. May not be the case for you. Lots of times when the fluid is cold they will whine a little more. The pros are gonna ask what your serial number is and when was the last trans service and what fluid was used. How many hours etc.

DOZER KING

My 963b loader goes to the right all the time. I cant go straight without pushing the right pedal. Any suggestions? When I press the right steering pedal it feels weak when it turns. I have to press it like 3 to 4 times for it to steer. Please help.

Cmark

Are you sure about this? If the tractor is steering right all the time, how does pushing the right pedal make it go straight?

DOZER KING

Are you sure about this? If the tractor is steering right all the time, how does pushing the right pedal make it go straight?
Oh sorry I ment left. And I have to push the right pedal for it to go straight. When I want to steer right I have to presa the pedal several times and I feel the lack of power.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
More info that arrived by "Private Messenger" ............

The serial number is 11Z00693. It seemed as if it had lost power on the right track. So I opened and resealed the right travel motor 4T-3071 because it had a leak. I checked the linkage and it all seems OK. When I step on the pedals the left side responds better than the right side.

Cmark

It's still not clear to me. If the right track had lost power then it would steer right going straight and be hard to steer left. But whatever. Let's just say that one track appears to be low on power. Two questions:

How does it behave in reverse?
Do you have pressure gauges?