• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 931c Hydraulic Pressure troubleshooting

Joey2017

Hello all.

New here. Have a 931c II track loader SN: 6AJ00040.

Having issues with hydraulic leaks. Looking through the parts manual regular maintenance suggests to replace/check Pressure relief Valve 5S1218. Pictures do not do justice...is it circular in shape and mounted on the tank?

The machine sat for about 10 years..seems like every time i fix one hose another one pops. I'm concerned pressure could be underlying problem or it could just be age.

Is the pressure relief valve place to start and something that can be cleaned? When the hydraulic tank cap is removed after use it has a lot of air pressure built up.

Fluid has been changed. Is 303 fluid ok to use?

Background info I've so far replaced 3 hoses and last one blew out after i plugged up the 2 hoses going into the backhoe Swing actuator /rotary SN: 36H1 or 5g3761. It was leaking too much from top seal.

Any recommendations on where I need to start and what type hydraulic pressure gauge I should be looking for to troubleshoot with. Just having a feeling that there could be pressure issue or maybe fact it sat for so long has really taken its toll.

Thank you all in advance.