• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 931

Ghunt

Hi recently purchased a 78 931 track loader. I have oil seeping out of the right pressure test port and spraying out of the left when trying to turn left. Issue I have is they appear to be bloke. A someone help me with what should be there I will post a pic.

Attachments

• IMG_0222.jpeg
    IMG_0222.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0221.jpeg
    IMG_0221.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 8

Tyler d4c

There's plugs in there so when you repair or install the clutch accuating cylinders you can Bleed the air. You need some new plugs

Ghunt

Tyler d4c thanks for the reply. Machine works well other than this issue. It’s losing pressure I assume…once I fix these plugs it should pull itself around better.
Are they literally just a bleed plug

Tyler d4c

No it will make no difference in the machines performance there is pressure there only when the clutch is released may help if you top up your transmission oil

Ghunt

Ok great thanks again. Any chance you know what one of those look like or possibly have a schematic of the part? I have a parts book for it just looking through it now.not finding anything tho.. I will have to try and get the broken ones out. Just like to know what the piece looks like.