• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 924F wont move

dk25

Have a 924f that will not go forwards or reverse. Everything else fuctions properly. I did some work to brakes and of 4 wires going into the brake pedal box, somehow 3 got pulled off and i (think) that is my problem. Not sure all what those two micro switches do. i dont have a clue what wires go where looks like some wire are tied together??. could somebody give me diagram from pigtail deutsch connector. #5,6,7,8 are the numbers being used. thanks so much for any help!

Last edited:

Wastepro

Occupation
Recycling
Had a Cat IT 24 that had a similar problem of not wanting to go into forward or reverse, and electrical warning light was illuminated. Problem ended up being a broken wire under the sheathing near the alternator. (which had been recently replaced) Took a while to find it.

Good Luck DK25

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
hi ,go to right side of machine ,behind the ladder you will find the service connector, a fault light, a harness plug and the transmission ECM
1/CAN NOT help properly with out serial number
2/check to see if fault light is lit
3/unplug harness connector faults will parade through as a 2 digit flash code with a about 3 to 4 second delay between next fault record and get back
Mark