• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cat 433cp 2jm00257

truecountry

Occupation
Shop Manager and Tech
Had a leak on control valve pump that bolts to engine runs front drum the middle controls propel and end vibe ...leak was at top where the rod connects the propel and drum so they stay in time .....ok in pulling the spool the sleeve came out too and its a groove in sleeve on bottom does that have a pin or does it sit on anything ...reason I'm asking is now the drum turns slow and the propel is pushing or say digging turning way to fast
and the linkage between the 2 pumps never changed just resealed the spool and sleeve
the pump serial number is 1052282
yes I called caterpillar and got run a round
Parts diagram doesn't help nor does et

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
did you remove the lever from the shaft? if you did ,did you mark its position in relation to the shaft
there is a procedure to adjust using pressure gauges
Mark

truecountry

Occupation
Shop Manager and Tech
did you remove the lever from the shaft? if you did ,did you mark its position in relation to the shaft
there is a procedure to adjust using pressure gauges
Mark
No sir ....I didn't . only lever on this pump is connecting lever for linkage ...Send me procedure so I can make sure we are talking about same shaft and sleeve

truecountry

Occupation
Shop Manager and Tech
I think I found the problem part 72 spool is turning part 65 sleeve in housing there forth pressure is different all the time....so both are moving instead of the spool forward and reverse
after pulling them both out I see rough places on sleeve on the outside ....