• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 320D I need to know which kind of engine have?

alaa

Hi,

I'm new member ... I would like to get information about this engine model

c6.6 or c6.4 or 3126 which one of them I attached some photoIMG-20170130-WA0006.jpg IMG-20170130-WA0004.jpg IMG-20170130-WA0005.jpg ....
Thanks for help gents

alaa

Thanks for reply ....
They sent those photo from desert and I'am still at home, so they need to change the injectors ... via my Cat II adapter for trim files .... my questions
1- Do i need to adjust the new injectors after replacement .
2- Do i need to do valve lash .
3- Do i need to dismantling the rocker arms when changing the injectors.
Thanks Gents

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Engine for machine S/N KGF04007 is a C6.4.
There is no electronic code adjustment for this particular type of injector as far as I know.
Valve lash should not be affected by replacing the injectors (unless someone does not follow procedure that is). The injectors can be removed through the gap in between the two rocker arms.
You do not need to touch the valve operating mechanism to replace injectors. See photo. Remove the 2 nuts #2 and move the wiring harness #1 out of the way. Remove the hold-down bolt #3 & remove clamp #5 (not shown in the photo). An angled pry bar can then be used to remove the injector. Make sure the injector bore in the cylinder head is thoroughly cleaned before installing the replacement injectors.

320D Injector.png

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
Thanks for reply ....
They sent those photo from desert and I'am still at home, so they need to change the injectors ... via my Cat II adapter for trim files .... my questions
1- Do i need to adjust the new injectors after replacement .
2- Do i need to do valve lash .
3- Do i need to dismantling the rocker arms when changing the injectors.
Thanks Gents
Easy way to tell. C6.6 has common rail pump on left hand side of engine
C6.4 has common rail fuel pump on right hand side of engine
Mark
c6.4.png injector replacement.png

alaa

Gents,
I really appreciate this help topics ... my sis yesterday crashed .... your topics will help .... any one have or want to add any information really it will help me
Thanks a lot Gents

alaa

Hi Gents,
Thanks for support… the job done and the excavator working fine.
I tried to start the engine before replacing the injectors… the fuel rail pressure was 3485 PSI But I couldn't start the engine
I tried by force duo to spray gasoline from Air filter ,the result of delivered fuel volume mm3 cutout test was (26.0 ,25.9 ,25.8 ,25.6 ,25.5 mm3 )... The problem I found after removing the Injectors the trimming files is not matching with the injectors …. I asked the owner of Excavator how changed the injectors last time?
He said one of my friend ,but it wasn't want to start ,I contacted with dealer and he came to program the injectors.
Gents.... actually the dealer guy fooled the owner that he change the trim files but no, he was Indian guy and he is lazy ... With the new Injectors working perfect and cutout test result just for reference the delivered fuel volume mm3 (22.8, 22.7, 22.7 ,22.5, 22.3 , 22.2 mm3).
Do you think guys 2 mm3 and the injectors needle was dirty with black scales it makes different.

Thanks a lot.