• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 312E

hvy 1ton

In the future, please don't quote an obvious spammer. Hit the report post (the little triangle with exclamation point on the bottom left) and a mod will take care of it.;)

Sorry bout that. I normally do, but that one was too good to pass up. I have no problem with my post being removed as well, if it would make it better.

Hvy, I wish I could find, or remember where I read it... but when the Cat e-series was released I recall seeing it said that part of the reason for the giant rear, was just that. They were preparing for tier 4f engines now, so they wouldn't have to redesign the hood once again down the road.

Yep, i remember reading the same thing about the E series Cats. I'm not sure if the same is true for the G series Deeres, and if not it's not a fair comparison. I do have a hard time believing that Deere is going to redesign all there excavators in another 2 years, but i've seen stranger things happen.

eamon

Hi pull pan,

Just seen this tread, there was a big press release at the begining of March and asked about the 312e price, until i saw the photos.OMG how big is that rear end.

i have being asking questions about the E series as we thought you guys in the USA would have been running them for 12
months, so have you any more news???

The only thing i can bring to the table is 308e will be delivered July/Aug.

DGODGR

I am surprised that other manufactures are not putting a 6 way blade on these size machines like the Kobelco BladeRunner. Seems like the customers that would purchase this machine to do general construction would benefit most by having the ability to grade all in one machine. my 2 cents

I thought the Blade Runner was going to be the cat's a$$...up until I ran them (both 190 & 150). It's great in theory but that blade has to stick way out there in order to be able to function correctly, and not hit the growsers. IMO it even makers it difficult to use the bucket to help steer. The other downside, IMO, is that the blade has to be very wide to keep the wide gauge of the excavator from tracking up the windrow if angling. I thought that the 150 was a better dozer than the 190 but the dipper/boom relationship (length of one in relation to the other) felt off to me. The 190 dozer blade was too wide. I thought that the extra weight of the machine would allow it to doze as much as a small finish dozer, say a D-5G, but it did not. Angling a fairly full blade would steer the unit, despite the nearly 50k# of weight. As far as I know they still make them so, obviously somebody must like them.

9420pullpan

I thought the Blade Runner was going to be the cat's a$$...up until I ran them (both 190 & 150). It's great in theory but that blade has to stick way out there in order to be able to function correctly, and not hit the growsers. IMO it even makers it difficult to use the bucket to help steer. The other downside, IMO, is that the blade has to be very wide to keep the wide gauge of the excavator from tracking up the windrow if angling. I thought that the 150 was a better dozer than the 190 but the dipper/boom relationship (length of one in relation to the other) felt off to me. The 190 dozer blade was too wide. I thought that the extra weight of the machine would allow it to doze as much as a small finish dozer, say a D-5G, but it did not. Angling a fairly full blade would steer the unit, despite the nearly 50k# of weight. As far as I know they still make them so, obviously somebody must like them.

i have not run i would like to, thanks for the imput

Bluetop Man

Occupation
farmer
A trackhoe operator knows what's behind the cab without looking. If he does not, you will be buying a lot of swing doors, or worse. A blade on a trackhoe seems like it would be in the way. Nice looking hoes, both the CAT and the Deere.

DGODGR

The blade on the 312 is not really in the way. It is only a straight backfill blade so it does not protrude very far in front of the growsers. I often run a mini (most all are equiped w/blade) and have found many advantages to having the backfill blade. Unfortunately the 312s I have run (all rentals) have all had the blade bent down on one side or the other.

D&GExcavating

I have to say I like the E-series except for the visibilty out the back window. Sometimes it's nice to be able to see out of it.

conawaylk

I'm looking for a Electric schematic prefix part number SENR6237 or/and SENR6127 Any help would be appreciated. Thank You