• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 307b no electrical power to cockpit

Mcluga

Hi, I recently bought a 2000 model 307B with swing boom and blade. I ran it once and it ran great except when I went to start it back up. There is no electrical power getting to the key and therefore when i turn the key to on, nothing gets power. It wont start via the key. I can jump start it off the starter, but to shut it off, i have to smother the intake. When I do start it off the starter, still nothing has power in the cockpit and none of the controls work. The battery switch works fine. This has to be some main electrical connection somewhere that is disconnected that I cant find. Please help.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
There are 4 different models of 307B. What's your Serial Number..?

If you can start the engine at the starter motor then you obviously have power from the batteries up to that point.

As a first step after that you should trace the 6SWG wire #101 Red that leaves the starter motor and see if you can find any breaks in it between the starter motor and the fuse/relay box. At that location check if the 60A alternator breaker has tripped. It's the button on the front of the box at the bottom. Also get into the back of the fuse box and locate the wire #101 Red. It feeds various components in there, amongst them the aforementioned 60A breaker and a number of the fuses. That wire comes directly from the starter motor. Is it live..?

Mcluga

Fixed!!! Wire was broken off the starter. Fixed it and it came back to life. Thanks for the help.