• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 305 C CR Rubber Tracks

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums epyinc!:drinkup

Aftermarket rubber tracks are a crapshoot, some are good and some are well crap.:cool:

I don't know if Cat OEM's hold up any better than the good aftermarket tracks but a mini-ex depending on application is not hard on rubber tracks. My philosophy on mini's was buy a cheap track as it will take a while to wear them out.

Totally different scenario for CTL's, as a CTL is dependent on it's UC to produce. A mini's UC is just there to get it from point A to point B with minimal dozing in between.

I've had good luck with Camoplast and McLaren.

HillBoy

Welcome to the Forums epyinc!:drinkup

Aftermarket rubber tracks are a crapshoot, some are good and some are well crap.:cool:

I don't know if Cat OEM's hold up any better than the good aftermarket tracks but a mini-ex depending on application is not hard on rubber tracks. My philosophy on mini's was buy a cheap track as it will take a while to wear them out.

Totally different scenario for CTL's, as a CTL is dependent on it's UC to produce. A mini's UC is just there to get it from point A to point B with minimal dozing in between.

I've had good luck with Camoplast and McLaren.

I agree 100% - for CTLs I'd never risk with cheap tracks, I'd go with McLaren or Bridgestone. Not sure about Camoplst as I never tried them. But for MX, go cheap or mid priced. Actually, McLaren offers some cheap versions for aftermarket as well.

lantraxco

I agree 100% - for CTLs I'd never risk with cheap tracks, I'd go with McLaren or Bridgestone. Not sure about Camoplst as I never tried them. But for MX, go cheap or mid priced. Actually, McLaren offers some cheap versions for aftermarket as well.

I've heard good things about Camoplast. It's odd, I've heard lots of complaints about McLaren but they've been around forever.