• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 277

Ecrig

recently purchased this machine. It has 1560 hours on it. I've put about 100 of them on there with no issue. I used the machine for half a day with no issue running it at WOT. then I noticed it was starting to break up and would blow white smoke when it did. It was very rich smelling. If I let off the throttle a little it would smooth out and run fine. By the end of the day it had gotten worse with more smoke and running rough from 3/4-WOT so far I've installed 4 injectors, new lift pump, fuel filter, and eliminated the fuel tank and fuel filter housing by running the machine off a 1 gallon tank going straight to injector pump. Any ideas or suggestions ? Thanks in advance

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
What series? (B, C, D)

If you've got the little sight glass on the top corner of the rad, is it full or empty? Typically when these machines blow a head gasket that sight glass will be empty.

Ecrig

B series, I do not have the sight glass on mine. I did check radiator fluid level and it is full. Oil isn't milky and the oil level hasn't changed