• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 268B Hydraulic/throttle up problem

zlssefi

Thank you Mark!!!! I am going to print this and bring it next door and try to get an answer on this. Much appreciated!

zlssefi

I have an update on this machine. Today the mechanic removed the work pump from the machine and found the actuating piston in the pump to have a sealing ring that got knocked off, and was wrapped around the spring that is below it. When the ring came out of its retaining groove it scored the wall of the bore where the actuating piston seals/rides. A bearing repair sleeve is going to be installed to repair the bore and will be reassembled. thank you very much for your help so far!

zlssefi

Bingo! a machine shop repaired the bore, the piston and ring were reinstalled and the pump now makes 300 psi at idle instead of 2700. Thank you all!

zlssefi

its tough to remember that far back.....but as i recall everything was pipe thread on the gauges and lines.