• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 236B ... can't release parking brake

jimprater

I'm new to this forum and posted this question on the wrong thread. When I start the engine two lights are flashing and I can't get them to turn off. 1) the parking brake on 2) the man with the seat belt just to the right of the parking brake on. I've never seen a flashing light on this unit, and this just started happening.

apetad

Occupation
Compact Construction Equipment Sales
I'm new to this forum and posted this question on the wrong thread. When I start the engine two lights are flashing and I can't get them to turn off. 1) the parking brake on 2) the man with the seat belt just to the right of the parking brake on. I've never seen a flashing light on this unit, and this just started happening.

Flashing means computer error. Have had bad seat belt or seat sensor wiring do this also.

Todd v.

Yea sounds like for whatever reason your machine thinks you seatbelt is not on so it's probably locking you out. Do the drives still work?

jimprater

Thanks for this valuable information. Can you tell me what manual these instructions came from? In test 3-8 there are some solenoids mentioned. I don't know where these are. Is there a way I could get this manual in order to complete this procedure? Thanks again.