• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 225D LC Funny Hydraulic Issue

alandudley

Occupation
Engineer
I recently purchased a Cat 225D. Seems to be a pretty good machine but has a weird issue with the swing control. Sometimes when I move the boom or stick the swing kicks in a little like it is getting feedback from one of those circuits. I can bump the swing joystick a little in the opposite direction and it instantly stops trying to swing. All other functions seem to be good but I have only operated it for a few hours at this point.
Any one know what could cause this phenomenon?

SN: 2SJ00337

Equipmentguy224

This may sound funny but my old Warner & Swasey 310 excavator had the same issue once. Turned out that it had two hydraulic reservoirs and one was too low so that it wouldn't swing. Not sure if that's your issue, but be sure to double check that there's enough oil. Once I refilled it it worked perfectly fine.

alandudley

Occupation
Engineer
Thank yall for the response. Cmark I did find that switch and it does make a difference on how fast and accurate the machine swings but my problem is that when I try to raise the boom it causes the machine to swing either right or left. It is like the boom circuit is leaking into the swing circuit and causing it to try and swing. When I move the swing joystick it stops moving and I can keep raising the boom without it continuing to swing. Sometimes when I move the stick in or out it also tries to swing a little. I haven't done any troubleshooting yet because I really didn't know where to start. I was hoping someone on here had experienced that problem before and could give me some insight as to what might be the cause. Thanks again for your help!