• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case SV-185 bought from Rental Shop

plumberkc

18 months ago I purchased a 2011 SV-185 from an equipment rental shop with 1250 hrs. I have only put 250 hours on the machine but every time I need it something else seems to have problems.

I've had issues with a fuel sender which lead to some rust in the fuel.

Valve cover gaskets leaked and had to be replaced

Broken bucket mount pins repeatedly, eventually replaced the entire coupler or mount. (Bracket that holds the bucket)

Occasional code for oil pressure sensor which I have not addressed yet.

Voltage is around 11 when I start it up, guessing I may need a battery soon.

There have been about a half dozen other issues with the machine, nothing major just a big inconvenience when you have to stop and work on it.

I'm starting to question if this machine is just always going to have problems. I have a bobcat with similar hours that hasn't given me any issues despite being used more often.

If I continue to have problems should I consider a different machine? I really don't want to spend any more than what this is worth. I bought it for $15,000 in 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FieldMechanic89

if I were you I would consider a different machine, either bobcat or takeuchi, I work on case skidsteers on a daily basis, nothing but problems on the newer ones