• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 9010B Controls Not Unlocking

NEK Digger

Hello All-

Ok, myself and mechanics are frustrated as can be! This problem has been posted before, and there have been a few solutions suggested, but we are still not fixed! I'll try to outline the problem:

- When you drop the 'dead man lever' (not sure if that's what it's actually called, but don't know what else to call it!), the 'lock' on the display would stay lit up, and there would be no hydraulics at all This has been an intermittent problem since I have had the machine, approx. 10 years. Very sporadic when it would happen. Sometimes the 'lock' would disappear in a few minutes and I am good to go, sometimes not for 15 minutes, sometimes, like right now, it will not unlock at all!

- We have tested solenoids, changed relays, checked ground wires and changed the pilot filter. No luck! When we switched one relay, the 'lock' now disappears on the display, but still no controls.

- Now, by total chance, we find that when machine is in 'fine' mode, everything works!! And, the dead man lever is not even down. What on earth could be causing this?

Our next step is to find a wiring schematic to try and isolate where a wire may been broke. Does anyone have a wire schematic, or know where I can find one?

We are desperate!! Any help or advice at all would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance....

GaryHoff

Occupation
Heavey Equipment Mechanic
Just a few quick things to check:

There was a bulletin in regards to the relays working intermittently, and causing issues. Have you replaced the relays or just switched them around? I would recommend replacing at least the ones in the pilot and starting circuit.

Not sure how close you have looked at the pilot switch (the lever switch) But I have seen lots of those fail, or the wiring at or near the switch fail.
Have also had the pilot lock solenoid fail, or the spool hang up, causing intermittent issues. I would also recommend checking and cleaning all of your frame grounds.

Start with that. I will try and get you some schematics.

NEK Digger

Gary, appreciate the advice! I will show this to my guys and see if we can figure this out. And yes, would appreciate any info on the schematics that you might have. Thanks again for your help, it is very much appreciated!