• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 688 hydraulic problem

put26

Hello could someone help me with a few problems with a case 688b. After about 30 minutes of use the excavator will not swing left or right also a lack of lifting power when bucket is full.

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
Sounds to me like as the oil warms up it gets thinner ,with wear in pumps and Or motors the oil by passes taking away power.

put26

Thanks for your reply what do you think my next move should be? What parts in the pump would need to be changed or would I need to be thinking about changing the pump as I am on a tight budget.

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
I wouldn't do any thing till I had it pressure tested and flow tested.I am not one to just start replacing parts ,that can get very expensive

bartelbe

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Technician
Pull the hydraulic filters and check for metal will save ya a trip out from the dealership and it will be one of the things the tech does. if ya find metal then hook some gauges up to check pressures,unfornately case no longer offers pumps for this old of a unit.