• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580B Steering cylinder repair

Bertrrr

Occupation
mechanic
I can't figure out how to get the gland out of the cylinder , there is no retaining ring that I can see , the end of the gland spins with a pair of channel lock pliers but does not back out , Can anyone shed some light , thanks a bunch
IMG_0965[1743].JPG

Bertrrr

Occupation
mechanic
Figured this thing out , got a flash light / magnifying glass and dental pick , ended up being a coil type retaining ring barely noticeable then a nylon spacer and Another coil type retaining ring behind that , after getting all the retaining rings removed , slammed the piston / rod assembly towards the opening and it popped out.

Swampfoxo

Occupation
Engineer
Thanks i got thd kits for mine but havent attempted it yet. Ive redone 90 percent oc the others though. My right wheels shimmys as i drive so i need to set the toe in on it. I just bought my backhoe about 1 year ago. Im half ass restoring her. A man gotta have his toys. Mike ps feel free to talk anytime