• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580B hydraulic fluid capacity

roadrunner81

Occupation
Managing member KSR Excavating, LLC
Tired of seeing nasty white oil in the hydraulic system. I need to know what the system capacity is and best way to get the most of the old oil out. Also what type of fluid does this system take, does it have to be case tractor or can i just use AW46.
thanks Don

sheepfoot

Don, the system holds 24 gallons , reservoir is 11 gallons, aw46 will work ok, there is a post on hef to help with this, it is a pain even for us with a filter buggie, someone should know where it's at.

sheepfoot

Hey Roadrunner,
What I ment was a portable oil filtration system, we use the parker hydraulic brand single length cart, you can see it at
the www.grainger.com online. We use the single lenght cart p/n 4z987 listed in the hydraulics section along with water
seperation filters when needed. We have some large hydraulic systems 75 gallon + so it's just a tool that works for us for
large and small equipment. I call it a filter buggie (slang) do to some made on a 4 wheel cart even larger with longer hoses/
fitting kits.