• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

case 580b ck steering lost

cliff chase

I have a older case 580b ck forklift and the steering gradually was going out, so I changed the hand valve the the steering wheel mounts on and the PS pump-also took apart the steering control valve (which looked ok) But steering will not operate with the the wheels on the groung-but if i jack up up the axle and take off the weights=it will work fine.
Does anyone have any ideas on what to do nex ?

mikebramel

Yes it is, if that were the case you could just about hear it. If you take the line off the side opposite of what you are pressurizing, the fluid coming out of that port sould be minimal

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
There were some of those replacement steering pumps that had a problem, if you didn't put oil in them and turn by hand to break in they would burn up immediately when you installed them. Case, to my knowledge never addressed the issue because they were changing the steering system on the "D" series. But yes you need to check you steering cylinders anyway.