• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 1845c Skid Steer Problem

SparkyAprentice

Hi, I have an 1845c Case Skid Steer that has no power, as in when I turn the key on nothing works. There usually is a buzzer and lights that come on but today there is nothing, last time I used it, it worked fine. Tried boosting it but still nothing, did a load test and the battery is fine. Could there be a fuse blown somewhere or could my key switch be bad or is this as simple as a bad ground? Please Help me!!!

C130 eng

Hi, I have an 1845c Case Skid Steer that has no power, as in when I turn the key on nothing works. There usually is a buzzer and lights that come on but today there is nothing, last time I used it, it worked fine. Tried boosting it but still nothing, did a load test and the battery is fine. Could there be a fuse blown somewhere or could my key switch be bad or is this as simple as a bad ground? Please Help me!!!

There are a couple fuses behind the cab on the right side in the engine compartment. They are in the wire harness attached to the back of the cab. They are hard to see. Mine did the same thing

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Look under the seat & also check the harness plugs. The bigger one with about 8 wires in particular.

C130 eng

They are normal fuses (not tube type) they may be taped up in the wire loom. Its been 10 years since it happended the first time but i think they may be taped up with electrical tape just about three or four inches from the lower back corner of the cab right side if you are sitting in it. I think its wire tied to the cab also. Mines a 97 model Im not sure if it was different on other year machines.

heymccall

I've had the master harness connectors ROT internally, visible as soon as the are unplugged. Right side, staring at the air filter, the harness runs down the trailing wall of the cab and heads toward the flywheel housing. Unplug each and inspect.

OK here is an all together new question on the same topic of Case 1845c steering.... how do you adjust the steering?! I just bought an old 1845c that was left for dead for $1500.
IMG_9978a.jpg IMG_9979a.jpg
My buddy told me the last time it ran it went crazy and started spinning in circles out of control they thought the drives went bad and parked it to rot away in his yard. I have an 1840 that needs an engine so I hoped the engine would run and worst case pull it and put in the 1840.
First step was loading it, took 1 hour, our Cat 420 hoe and lots of chain. Once I got it to the yard I threw a new battery in it and crossed my fingers..... click... that was all, one click. So I knew I had a little work to do, I started washing it down to see what was under the dirt, oil and grease and what did I find?... The main fuse wire under the seat was down to one strand and it broke as soon as I touch it BINGO! or so I thought... I go to crank it over and notice the positive cable starting to smoke at the battery and no action at the starter. So next pull the battery clamp off and strip back the wire. Put it back together and we have a cranking starter!.... But no start?!... So I crack the drain at the fuel tank and get it to drible into a hard cider bottle.... no water!.. clean red die, in fact I show my buddy and he thinks I'm offering him a fruit punch hard cider.. next drop the fuel filters.. look good. So now my buddy cracks an injector and I crack it over... nothing. He remembers the fuel shut off solenoid and sure enough the wire is loose. We get it tight and she fired up...Yahoo! But one side wants to spin in reverse.. almost taking out my friend.
So I pop the seat and look at the linkage, I notice the bar in the back that the steering handle push and pull has a bad bushing on one side so there is an 1/2 inch of slop. I order a new one and took care of the slop but I think the linkage was messed with already trying to take the slop out.
IMG_0326a.jpgIMG_0447a.jpg
(Gotta love the made in the USA sticker!)
Now my question is how do I get the linkage back to factory specs? How does the outer linkange (painted Blue) affect the steering versus the inner linkage on the valve houseing? IMG_0325a.jpg
I can find the neutral spot if I wingle the steering arms just but it takes a little pressure for instance forward to keep the rig in neutral and it is very "twitchy" idling around the yard.
Is there an 1845 guru here that has fine tuned steering before? Hope so :D

heymccall

Jack all four wheels off the ground. Disconnect the rods at the pumps. The, follow the directions to center/ neutral on page 26 here, except you don't need gauges, you just find the sweet spot centered between both directions, for each lever assy. http://www.sauer-danfoss.com/stellent/groups/publications/documents/product_literature/11029852.pdf

Then, adjust the rods to perfect fit, and reattach.

The bolts to hold the adjustments in place have serrated washer heads, and, if they been overtightened before, they'll have indents on the cam plate, making it a PITA to adjust them a little. It can be done, with patience.

It's also a good time to use your favorite lube (I use Krown) to wet each disconnected ball joint, and work/ rotate 'til they spin freely.

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Are you sure your excessive movement isn't coming from this worn out ball joint?

Attachments

• 1845 controls.jpg
    1845 controls.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 5,938

Walker1

I just replaced all the worn out ball joint on my 1845B, a little different set up but works essentially the same. It did wonders for my speed and steering control. Then just do as was said, find the neutral, and adjust the linkages to match. I will also say that the 1845C has a heck of a lot more room to work on the pumps than the 1845B.