• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 1150 Track Loader

dogdoctor

Subject: A401D and 401BD Case diesels

Are the bell housings on these two engines the same size and are the bolt holes the pattern? Also is the fly wheel and torque converter the same size. The reason for these questions is I have an 1150 Case Track Loader that the motor has gone kaput. I have found an engine 401BD on a 970 Agri King farm tractor, and I would like to know if it will replace the A401D that I am going to remove from the loader.
Thanks to any and all who have answers to these questions.

Perry

dogdoctor

Subject: A401D and 401BD Case diesels

Are the bell housings on these two engines the same size and are the bolt holes the pattern? Also is the fly wheel and torque converter the same size. The reason for these questions is I have an 1150 Case Track Loader that the motor has gone kaput. I have found an engine 401BD on a 970 Agri King farm tractor, and I would like to know if it will replace the A401D that I am going to remove from the loader.
Thanks to any and all who have answers to these questions.

Perry

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I will presume the loader has a power shift and the tractor a clutch. In that case more than likely No as the AG bell housing will have variation the crawler won't accept as well flywheel.