• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 1000 track loader headlights

ianto36

Occupation
Railway maintenance
Hi All

I am looking for information on the type of headlights design that would have been fitted to a Case 1000 loader that is being restored here in the UK and where would be the best place to source new replacements for the front and back of the machine?

Many Thanks
Ian

Hobbytime

just get some new LED lights and mount them where its not too much of a job, thats what I did on my equipment, the LEDs are much better than the old factory lights..

sheepfoot

The headlights and rear used the R16790 bulb, it subs to the Case D33182 around $10.82 in the US. Depending on the series 1000/ 1000C/ 1000D it looks like the parts pics show also a complete unit listed with mounting for the front and rear, R17308 front and R17309 tail along with 72570 and 73343 early production. You can go to the caseceparts lookup and type in 1000 on the machine parts lookup, it will show the information your looking to see. You will more than likely have to search bone yards and E bay to find them. Your dealer may also be able to sub those numbers more. Some pics would be nice to see of that machine.

ianto36

Occupation
Railway maintenance
just get some new LED lights and mount them where its not too much of a job, thats what I did on my equipment, the LEDs are much better than the old factory lights..
Thanks for replying

ianto36

Occupation
Railway maintenance
The headlights and rear used the R16790 bulb, it subs to the Case D33182 around $10.82 in the US. Depending on the series 1000/ 1000C/ 1000D it looks like the parts pics show also a complete unit listed with mounting for the front and rear, R17308 front and R17309 tail along with 72570 and 73343 early production. You can go to the caseceparts lookup and type in 1000 on the machine parts lookup, it will show the information your looking to see. You will more than likely have to search bone yards and E bay to find them. Your dealer may also be able to sub those numbers more. Some pics would be nice to see of that machine.
Brilliant! thanks very much for taking time out to reply and providing all the information you have, I will go and have a look, I will get some pics and post some of the Case in the collectors museum

ianto36

Occupation
Railway maintenance
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg As promised some photos of the Case 1000 loader that has been restored in the UK, I managed to make some lights for front and n rear by making surrounds for front from 2mm steel sourcing 4 1/4 inch headlights for Front with surrounds found in Cyprus, 6" headlights for the rear found in the UK with air conditioning ducts fabricated to hold the rear lights in the holder on top of the diesel tank, really pleased with the way they have turned out!

ianto36

Occupation
Railway maintenance
Very nice looking, nice stable of old iron ponies by the looks of things.
Yes it's like an Aladdins cave of models he's operated over the years along with other interesting manufacturers Caterpillar is the main exhibit models but there's also Muir Hill, International, Hymac, Smalley, Mitsubishi MS180, Furukawa, Moxy dUmp truck, Aveling Barford calfdozer, Thwaites dumper, Ruston Bucyrus, afantastic collection which has taken years to accumulate and restore.