• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Canadians eh...

plantman.uk

Occupation
excavator operator
Canada...Wonderfull country..I have a brother who lives there so i've been a few times...Love a chance to work there..

Sprengstoff

I'm from Vancouver Island. currently going to school for Heavy duty mechanic going to be looking for work this summer.

TEC

Born in Sudbury Ontario, short stint in Ear Falls Ontario, then back to Sudbury. Finished a couple degrees and moved down to the suburbs of Detroit.

Looked at getting work in northern Ontario, but no love yet.

Would love to get back to Canada unless I get an offer from Australia.

Cheers. Tom.

MutsMachines

Occupation
railroad worker
right in the middle of Sudbury and Sault Saint Marie Ontario. i am a railroader but have bin a machine head my whole life. love this site!

simonsrplant

Occupation
Heavy Duty Off Road RSE
I'm not in canada yet but half way through the process.
Got a job lined up at Wajax Equipment in Calgary AB.
Getting bored here in the uk now, reckon I sold up too early! Itching to get back on the tools and do some real work again.
Simon

CDNDIESELMONKEY

I work for Wajax Equipment in Mississauga Ontario, Not a bad outfit to work for eh. Just need thick skin and everlasting creativity!
I'm not in canada yet but half way through the process.
Got a job lined up at Wajax Equipment in Calgary AB.
Getting bored here in the uk now, reckon I sold up too early! Itching to get back on the tools and do some real work again.
Simon

OFF

Occupation
HD Mechanic
They put a lot of pressure on everyone to get the jobs through the shop quickly. I suppose this is true of most dealerships though.

I've noticed all the dealers are having a very high turn-over rate these days. We used to see the same mechanics on dealer service trucks for 20 to 30 years......now there is a new face everytime. Somebody is not happy.

Full_Throttle

Occupation
Pipeliner
I'm from central alberta! working for them big pipelining companies digging ditchin and bitchin lol

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
Welcome to the "Forum" …. "Full_Throttle" ! …… there are more off us here on the side lines than you might think !!! …… Cheers !!!

simonsrplant

Occupation
Heavy Duty Off Road RSE
Hi there,
Had some good news through today so I felt I would share it:
Found out today that my application to AIT was successful so can now think about the big move (following my tools, which still arent there!) to lethbridge Alberta.