• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Canadians eh...

KevWeb81

Vancouver Island, BC. The best place in the world to live, well in my humble opinion LOL;)
Heavy Duty Mechanic specializing in heavy equipment rebuild, mostly for the forest industry.:canada

I've got family in the Victoria area, been to Vancouver once, I've got to say it was a pretty amazing city, well really both Victoria and Vancouver are. Wouldn't mind staying with them for more than a week, or two. Haven't even considered looking at the job market.

buddy605

Occupation
Engineering tech/ survey
Newfie here with a engineering company in Halifax. Before that superintant from foreman from surveyor from running equipment. Not very good at running it but like it.

Mac102004

NS here. From a dairy farm in CB, going to COGS (taking up surveying) in the annapolis valley right now. Only run farm gear :)

Cantgetthere

Northeast of peterborough ont. Started driving log truck @ age 16 (1974). :D when logging pretty much vanished by mid '80's graduated to heavy haul throughout US & Canada:tong Last 5 yrs working for local constuction co. Still love driving, just like being home every nite. (so does my wife:rolleyes:)

562C

I'm an hour west of London, near Bothwell, ontario. Day job is municipal, play with a 562 on the side.

Last edited:

GroundWorks

I've been living in Newfoundland for 24 years. I have a small landscaping/excavating company in Nova Scotia (just started this year!) consisting of a mini excavator (Cat 301.8), a mini backhoe (Kubota BX25), 1 ton dump truck and some other stuff. Learning lots from this site and looking forward to moving on up to bigger gear when the money is right.

buddy605

Occupation
Engineering tech/ survey
I've been living in Newfoundland for 24 years. I have a small landscaping/excavating company in Nova Scotia (just started this year!) consisting of a mini excavator (Cat 301.8), a mini backhoe (Kubota BX25), 1 ton dump truck and some other stuff. Learning lots from this site and looking forward to moving on up to bigger gear when the money is right.

All terrain is growing in leaps and bounds and they were landscapers

ben46a

All terrain is growing a bit faster then they should lol. Dartmouth NS, licsenced heavy equip mech. Worked for Cat here and in alberta. Now running various trucks and machines as well as turning wrenches at a larger quarry in the area. (Note I didn't say largest buddy ;) )

buddy605

Occupation
Engineering tech/ survey
All terrain is growing a bit faster then they should lol. Dartmouth NS, licsenced heavy equip mech. Worked for Cat here and in alberta. Now running various trucks and machines as well as turning wrenches at a larger quarry in the area. (Note I didn't say largest buddy ;) )

We seen that with trax a few years ago. They apparently are having troubles again.

bar tl

Occupation
farmer/trucker/whatever
hello fellow canadians. st.louis saskatchewan. running 150 cow calf operation about 600 ac grain. trucked oversize, fuel, deck, bulk, and logs.run skidsteers and loaders.twisted my fair share of wrenches....... whattever it takes to make a buck i guess.

metcon

From sunny and now very cold Manitoba.

We have been 34 years in housing construction and 25 years in building material sales. Now into some land development creating cottage lots for sale at the Dolly Bay Resort.

forester

west central alberta currently...worked NE BC, Ontario and most of NW alberta and overseas in Nepal between oil and gas, agriculture and mostly forestry jobs over the last 14 years.