• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

C500's, what are the differences in

Mother Deuce

You know the truck very well then. It is just hard to justify the cost for 4-5x a year use.
After I sold the company and went to work operating it. I retained one of the older tractors as a "service tractor" when one of the others was in for PM or down. The new principles hated that old truck because it sat for a day or two every week or maybe even a week. I couldn't use it for a heavy but I had enough depth in the operation that I could use it free up a heavy. You need what you need to be successful. The definition of that is different for all of us. We weren't in the woods every day and if we were going up on "the property" to a landing I made sure that one of our triple steel tractors went so that when we dumped the jeep we weren't on the ground. I would have killed for a big dedicated off highway truck if I could have justified it!

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
You are a very wise man Deuce.
I thank you for your words as you confirmed my inner thoughts.
I am going to make an attempt at it this weekend.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
He says he has an offer from a guy in LaPine for it but I think he really isn't wanting to sell it yet.