• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Brush rake

Kj454

IMG_1436.JPG Anybody build one of these? Cost for a 24 inch locally is about 2k. Looking for ideas and thoughts on what others have come up with. Thanks!

Coastal

Here's a 50" for my 60 sized machine. Going to try it out next week.

Cfbml2V.jpg

code54

Keep looking at them but like you, the price is steep. Keep thinking I could build one for 1/2 without too much effort! Good luck on your build

Coastal

Do you have a materials list on that? I was think of using AR400 for the tines/teeth. How much did it cost in materials?

I think we get u400 for around 80 cents a pound, you have to shop around!

The other guys in the shop built the rake for me so I wasn't really paying attention to how much material they went through.

Kj454

Called around to few steel places, looks like about $1200-$1500 in material cost. Not worth it to me to build it only saving $500. I guess if you have good connections with a steel supplier it may make sense. Thanks for the replies guys!

ZGrant231

Although mine is grab hold of style, I found it cheap on craigs list. Originally a pin on for a JD450 dozer. I narrowed it and made tooth pockets for it. Grab it like my grade beam.
Nice looking take costal.