• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Brush Cutter

lmducks

I am looking to buy a brush cutter for my Cat 305C CR Vin# HWJ00577and I am trying to figure out a way to get continuous flow to my Aux 1 or Aux 2 line so that i don't have to hold the thumb roller switch on my right hand joy stick. I do have the second set of Aux lines on my machine as well but wasn't sure if that switch operated the same way being that it has that rocker switch that deactivates the swing feature and activates the Aux 2 line. I have a shop foreman at my auto dealership that is a genius when it comes to electrical and he said he could probably wire a rocker switch into that thumb roller switch circuit that could make the hydro pump think you were giving it full power at all times the rocker switch is on. Do you see any potential harm in that? Or am i just overlooking a simple function that my machine is equipped for that i just simply don't know how to use it? Also if I use the Aux 2 lines do they carry as much flow and pressure as Aux 1 lines?

Thanks for any help

Chrisso

Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
Doesn't look like C-series mini's have continuous flow at all. Not even an option. You learn something every day.

The rocker switch on your RH joystick generates a PWM signal to your variable PWM controlled auxiliary solenoid, which is located on the boom wing/auxiliary manifold, which if I'm not mistaken is under the cab somewhere.

I don't know of any rocker switch that can replicate that. If your auto elec finds something please do share.

Canuck Digger

Occupation
Business Owner, Equipment Operator, Fishing Guide
I had my HD mechanic create continuous flow on my 6 ton hitachi (2012). No idea what he did but it's 2 switches you flick. So it's doable, at least on that machine.

Chrisso

Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
Really should proof read my posts. I meant the thumbwheel on your RH joystick and the swing/auxiliary manifold.