• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Breaker suggestions

curb guy

I may be in the market for a used hyd. breaker. Which breaker would you guys recommend for a 200-300 size excavator? Cost is second, parts availability is my main concern. Thank you for any and all suggestions !

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
I'am assuming that you are wanting it for your concrete recycling operation I just got a brand new sure strike drop hammer style breaker and it works great if you are want one to break over size I don't think that you will find any thing that is simpler,faster or hits any harder in the same weight class of carrier and it sends very little forces back to the machine

curb guy

I'am assuming that you are wanting it for your concrete recycling operation I just got a brand new sure strike drop hammer style breaker and it works great if you are want one to break over size I don't think that you will find any thing that is simpler,faster or hits any harder in the same weight class of carrier and it sends very little forces back to the machine

That is correct. I have a dump site at my shop and I also clean out several ready-mix plants. Most of them have a pit or somewhere that they dump their extra concrete, which is why I use a hydraulic breaker is to loosen it up. Never thought about a drop hammer, wonder how well it would work in my application?

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
I also bought a single shank ripper for my 350c case excavator it works good for breaking up wash out picking in the cracks. that drop hammer breaking up slabs in that video belongs to john d stephens in atlanta ga its next to the airport and its breaking up runway slabs thats gets hauled to his yard I went and looked at it before I bought mine it one size bigger they was breaking over size rock the day I was there. I have a concrete recycling yard and deal with the same thing as you every day