• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bosch RSV governor question

Ct Farmer

I have a question on a Bosch RSV governor on a P series pump. The engine is a Volvo TD103KAE. The entire throttle control system has been rigged by a previous owner and I am trying to straighten things out. Throttle is controlled by a linear actuator and fuel shutoff is done by an electric fuel valve in the incoming line.

My question is what do I do with the manual shutoff lever? Tie it down in one position? Let it float? My shop manuals don't mention it. It is internally spring loaded upward. With a push up it clicks against a stop. Push down, let go and it jumps up.

Previous owner appears to have had a peace of wire tied to it. Thanks for the help just don't want to cause any damage by missing something.
Thanks for the help.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Just push it against the stop [up] & leave it alone.. the spring will keep it in position..
IF it makes you feel better you can wire it..