• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Boomer 8N

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I went to our County Fair today and a tractor in the tent of the New Holland display caught my eye from across his display area. I thought I was seeing a restored 8N and went for a closer look. As I approached, I noticed the front drive axle and modern tires, what the heck is this thing??? It turns out it's a special edition Boomer 8N in tribute to the original Ford 8N. It's 50hp and is pretty sharp looking. It's kind of neat seeing the retro look extended to tractors.

Attachments

• boomer8nleft.jpg
    boomer8nleft.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 7,953

dirt digger

Occupation
pushing dirt, baling hay, and hitting the books
i saw that earlier this year...makes me really wish I still had my original 8N...I could buy this thing and have a little collection

Cretebaby

I hear they are hard to get. If a gealer ordered any they are sold before they get there.

Wallace

With a price tag of around $29,000 for just the tractor I can't see how there is that long of a wait??

gbdigger

Occupation
Super
Awesome :thumbsup , I wish my Dad was still alive to see this, he was an 8N & 9N nut he had four of them all with some type of mower attached

dozerdave

Hi Wallace,

Any idea how much a 9N cost back then. We had 1 with a belly mower on it. Also pulled a side delivery rake and the Case baler.

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.
Here's a couple of the one that is at the local fair here. Sorry they're blurry the digital didn't agree with the conditions apparently.

Attachments

• DSCN0491 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0491 (Small).JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 3,266
  • DSCN0492 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0492 (Small).JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 2,849

jughead

Occupation
retired
8n 9n

Hi Wallace,

Any idea how much a 9N cost back then. We had 1 with a belly mower on it. Also pulled a side delivery rake and the Case baler.
i have the manual for an 8n somewhere seems like the price was around 795.00. dont know where it is but will start a search.