• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat t190 error code 32-04

kriz2fer

So the machine runs fine but a couple days ago I moved it into my garage and lifted the bucket, the locked lights came on. Nothing works from the joysticks? Fuse blown for the acs, put a new one in and it blows again. Unplugged 2 of the 3 connecters on the acs unit and the now the tracks move but the lift or tilt won't move probably since I left the 2 plugs unconnected. Is there a common short somewhere? I don't really know much about these things and the dealer is 3 hours away. Any help would be greatly appericated.

crewchief888

So the machine runs fine but a couple days ago I moved it into my garage and lifted the bucket, the locked lights came on. Nothing works from the joysticks? Fuse blown for the acs, put a new one in and it blows again. Unplugged 2 of the 3 connecters on the acs unit and the now the tracks move but the lift or tilt won't move probably since I left the 2 plugs unconnected. Is there a common short somewhere? I don't really know much about these things and the dealer is 3 hours away. Any help would be greatly appericated.

i would look around at the harness where it comes out of the bottom of the lever handle ( under the cab) for rubbed wires.
next place to check is under the rubber boot on the handles.
does it blow the fuse when using the foot controls as well as the hand controls?
it's possible the ACS controller shorted out, but i'd suspect the wiring is at fault, especially it being a track machine

:eek:

crewchief888

Thanks I’ll check those wires. The machine doesn’t have foot controls.

ahh ok, you have a AHC machine (ACS is both hand and foot). i'm assuming you have the small plastic ACS controller and not the metal case AHC controller...

kriz2fer

So I unplugged both joysticks and the fuse still blows. So this must mean that the short is not in the controllers?

crewchief888

So I unplugged both joysticks and the fuse still blows. So this must mean that the short is not in the controllers?
sounds like it's not in the hand controllers or wiring up through the handle. try disconnecting the ACS/AHC controller and see what happens... the controller may be shorted internally.

kriz2fer

There is 3 plugs going into the acs controller unit. The fuse won’t blow with 2 of the 3 plugs hooked up, but as soon as that last ones plugged in it blows?

crewchief888

There is 3 plugs going into the acs controller unit. The fuse won’t blow with 2 of the 3 plugs hooked up, but as soon as that last ones plugged in it blows?
you can start by tracing the wires in that plug through the harness, or replace the ACS controller.
the last few ACS controllers ive installed have come from the factory already programmed, it may be a simple "plug & play"
and heres the buuuuuut,
if thats not the problem, and the fuse still blows, you'll probably be on the hook for the cost of the controller. many dealers will not take returns on controllers.
i know we dont..

kriz2fer

So your saying if I replace the acs controller and it doesn’t solve the problems, I will be eating the cost of a new acs controller?

crewchief888

So your saying if I replace the acs controller and it doesn’t solve the problems, I will be eating the cost of a new acs controller?
all depends on your dealer's return policy.
we allow returns on electrical parts ONLY if the original box has NOT been opened.
we got burned a couple times with controllers ( and otehr electronics) being returned, and finding out later ( when we tried to install it) that the customer shorted out a brand new controller....

you may want to talk to YOUR dealer and see what their policy is

crewchief888

So I took the acs controller out and it smells burnt. Pretty sure its fired.
probably found your problem....

as i mentioned the last several ACS controllers ive installed did not need to be programmed with bobcat's service analizer.
you may have a simple "plug & play" fix.