• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat T190 arm repair

amgsmith

i am a tree guy and i feel we tree guys tear these machines up fast because of carrying to long of material so the twisting back and forth really shortens the life.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
i am a tree guy and i feel we tree guys tear these machines up fast because of carrying to long of material so the twisting back and forth really shortens the life.

I'm seeing a pattern here, the one I repaired was a tree guy. :D

There may be someone out there that would have a used loader arm assy, I'm just not aware of one. And just to take a guess, I would say you're probably looking between 5 and 8 thousand dollars for a new assy from Bobcat, which is why we decided to repair this machine. After all, it's just steel, nothing a good fabricator can't work with.

If you can't find a fab shop in your area that won't take the job, I may have a local shop that might take on the task. I would have to show them some pics of your loader arms and the repairs needed and let them decide.

I don't have in my head how much money it took to do this repair, but I could look when I get back to work tomorrow.

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
Bobcat 873

I just bought this Bobcat 873, its my first Bobcat. I think I was told it was a 1999 model, it was used at a fertilizer plant, so it had a bunch of rust. I sandblasted, primed and painted, it really made a difference in the looks.
question
The belt that turns the fan, for the hydraulic cooler is squealing and looks bad, I want to replace it, but I noticed a tension spring, next to the tensioner pulley. Do I mess with that, or just relieve the pressure on the tensioner and slip the belt on and off.
what are the knobs on the steering levers for?
I will try to post the before and after pictures, OK I cant figure it out for now

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
The tensioner on the cooling fan belt is weak spring tension, nothing difficult to work with, but you can't slip the belt off unless you loosen the pulley bolt/nut a bit and shift that belt retainer bracket open to make a gap to remove belt. One thing that is common on that tensioner though is over time the bushing for the tensioner pivot gets worn making the pulley get out of alignment. If it gets too bad worn, the pivot bolt will wear through the bushing and wear the tensioner arm. You might want to give a close look at the tensioner and see if it needs attention.

The knobs on the steering levers have switches to operate various auxilliary functions. If you have the auxilliary tubes running down the left loader arms, that's typically operated by the left/right thumb switch on the right drive lever.

CBS

Occupation
management
well atco today ours broke dealer wants 10 grand to repair :eek: i sure hope i have some like finding someone that can do what you can thats an awesome repair job guys like you are very hard to come by these days.

CBS

Occupation
management
the best of any 190s are high lift / vertical lift machines vs radius they lift higher and lift straight up t300 lifts even higher and lifts alot more like double the weight if your liading alot of trucks id reccomend this styke of loader arm system

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
well atco today ours broke dealer wants 10 grand to repair :eek: i sure hope i have some like finding someone that can do what you can thats an awesome repair job guys like you are very hard to come by these days.

I hate to hear that for ya CBS. Broke in the same manner? Got any pics of the carnage?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Well I'll be damned. Yep...seen that before. If you have any decent welding/fab shops in your area they should be able to do the repairs. Straightening the now bent frame is the trick, I happen to have some equipment hanging around that can squash a Bobcat boom with little effort.

Not sure, but I may be able to provide you with template for your fab shop to cut new wing plates.

CBS

Occupation
management
thanks im hoping i printed off your pictures im gonna go to the shop who does all our welding and see what he says first if not ill start searching to see if i can find someone to do it

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Best of luck bro. The fab shop that I used to cut out the wing plates likely has the pattern on file, let me know if you need it and I'll give them a call. And if you do manage to get it repaired, be sure and re-do the same pin boss welds on opposite side. The one I worked on had poor welds from Bobcat on both sides.

MGW

I just had a set of 873 Bobcat booms delivered to me with the end bushing torn off in much the same way as the one in this thread. It's set up a little differently, and I see an opportunity to increase the strength with minimal trouble. I'll be starting in on it in a couple days, and I'll post pics of it all. It doesn't look like a bad job at all.

Marv

hotbabehunter

--a friend of mine has a bobcat with the same pin boss attachments in the boom breaking in spartqanburg s.c. i want to contact willie 59 in knoxville tennessee to see if other people have had the problem, and possible help to fix this bobcat.

anyone else have this problem??, solutions to fix?? contacted ingersol-rand-defect? 864-921-0610